• show-popup

Shares 0

ITT Technical Institute - ITT is a rip-off!!

• by   Jun 06, 2010
  • 11 comments
  • Review #: 184811
Company ITT Technical Institute
Product / Service Online Courses
Location Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Category Education
Views 127

My son attended ITT for about 5 months and realized he was not getting the education he thought he was paying for. He signed himself out and they charged him for another semester even though he did not attend another semester. So now, he is being harrassed at all time of the morning and night concerning the 11K he owes for 5 months worth of nothing!
ITT Technical Institute's units do not transfer to any real college or university. It even says this in their brochure. ITT Tech's units do not transfer because the education is watered down. What I mean by watered down is, the education you are paying for definitely isn't the education you are getting. Many students complained about the online courses and how they were confusing, but yet nothing was done. With an online course, you are basically teaching yourself. The General Ed. courses are basically Junior College material, if even that, and they're only avaiable because part of being accredited means they have to have them. The knowledge you learn at ITT Tech, is pretty much only good for an entry level position and that's not getting you much money like the "Recruiters" promised you would get before you enrolled. With ITT Tech, you're paying for a private school, but only getting about a Junior College level education.

ITT Tech, they're vultures when it comes to low income families and students and they market themselves towards them. If a family comes in and they have nothing saved for college, or there's no way the student is getting a scholarship, the people at ITT Tech will see a perfect opportunity. They'll try to find every loan possible, even through private banks, and basically, they'll find loans to cover your tuition and then say "see, you can go to school with no out of pocket expenses." But, those loans will end up being a very large amount and will probably put the student in debt for the rest of their lives.

Basically, DO NOT GO TO ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE because it's definitely not worth it. Go to a JC, get your GE and then go to a real College or University.

30310b2

Comments (11) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 27, 2013  from Lakewood, Washington
Like any vocational school, ITT is not up to standards. I was ripped off by Clover Park VTI. My first job was not even close to training.
I cant see why they stay in business...Voc schools are a rip-off.
Reply to Hal

Apr 09, 2013
I am currently attending ITT and I really like it. All you people saying it is a rip-off probably are not doing what you are supposed to. You are probably slacking off and thinking that it is a joke. If you dont want to go to school at the time, then DO NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT!!!

If you do not think that you are getting the best education for your money, THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! But do not get all mad when you have to pay back the loans that you took out or pay back money in general. YOU took up the time, YOU sat in class, and YOU were the one to decide to stop going. Its ALL on YOU!!

Quit your ***, people!
Reply to BMG.at.ITT

Nov 20, 2011
One year of ITT will cost you around $20,000. For that much money you can get a much better education from a REAL school. IIT is a joke. Their classes are garbage, the teacher ***, and overall private for profit colleges are scams. If your hard up for cash - go to a junior college. Their admission people will help get you the loans you need. Know this: Education at a college level is not for everyone. I ended up taking on a machinist apprenticeship. I landed a great job right away - I made 50k my first year. My second year I learned the ins and outs of several different CNC platforms. 3 years later and I just took a job in ND for 130k - and they are paying my way through real college so I can finish up my Masters In mechanical engineering. My previous employers paid for all my undergrad schooling as well. ITT would have cost me 20k for nothing at all - but I sued for fraud and they lost. A fully loaded semester at a technical college/community college is around 2k with books - and you get the benefit of actually going to school. ITT is the McDonalds of education - only you can't afford to eat the *** ITT serves up. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE *** ARTISTS.
Reply to ITT = Scam

May 13, 2011
I agree with kennethsmart, I attend ITT san bernardino and I have never felt so taken care of at a school, and ive attended 2 universities and a community college before landing here, those who are complaining obviously expect sucess to fall in their lap without lifting a finger. And the credits are also transferable to quite a few other universities here in socal spite what you have heard or read. but your not going to go from ITT to stanford, and stanford credits arnt excepted at other schools either why? So they can make you PAY and take their classes. Do your homework people but I guess im preaching to the wrong crowd for that
Reply to whazntme

May 04, 2011
ITT is a RIP OFF. I was taking a CJ course, first of all, the labs are all BS, because they don't even have the equipment you need. They charged me twice for the same BS criminal investigation kit. Every time I turned around they were fireing and hireing new teachers. The place is horrible. You miss a class and they are calling you on the phone to see why you didn't come to class. They act like they are PAYING YOU to go to school. It blows. I wish I never signed up and went, because now I'm in debt without a degree, because I am quitting before I am in more debt. Advice to anyone thinking of going there. DON'T waste your TIME or MONEY. Go to a real college. One that actually teaches the people. Not one that is only concerned about ripping you off and stealing your money for a Degree that is WORTHLESS. I hate the place and wish I never stayed as long as I did. Oh and another thing, they won't see a dime of my money. They can send me to collection agencies all they want. I could care less. Not paying for an education I could have gotten at an elementry school.
Reply to Never again

Feb 16, 2011
My daughter attended ITT For one week in 2008 and she relized she wasn't ready at that time. Till this day she is getting collection letters for 2,500 that they say she owes for that week. Which is crazy.... I have sent letters telling them that for one week isn't $2,500 but we still get collection calls and letters. I would love to get this all behind us but don't want to give in to a scam!!!!
Reply to Lisa

Jul 25, 2010
I totally agree with everyone.

It starts with admission. You have to pay $100 fee on the contract. Remember now a contract that you probably can't get out of.

Do yourselves a favor. Talk to people that fix computers for a living and ask them. Thats what I did.

The administator only cares about the money coming in and does sales pitches to make sure that the school is getting what they want.

Itt is run by a company in the stock market.
Reply to iknownothing

Jun 30, 2010
My friend went to ITT. They promised to help her find a job. She graduated. They have talked to her three times in the past two years. Promised to call her back the last time with a good possibility of a job. No call. Doesn't call back. Meanwhile she has student loans on her back. Is there something anywhere about them not getting that promised job for the student and not having to pay a portion of the loans back>
Reply to Sheryl

Jun 23, 2010
Ha, ha, Kennethsmart2010, how long have your been a telemarketer for ITT?
By the way, your grammar and spelling are horrible, which is further proof of your employment at ITT - they hire illiterates.
Reply to NOT SO SMART

Jun 16, 2010
You are making a terrible mistake! You are letting your hard-earned VA benefits be stolen for a degree that will not be accredited! Go to a real college or university where your benefits will pay for a worthy education! Do not believe ITT!!! Seriously, they'll ruin your life!!!
Reply to cassie

Jun 13, 2010
First of all...its only rip off if the person trying to attend doesn't strive to succeed. As for most tech schools they give you the education needed to "start" you on your path. It is a "technical" school for one thing not a college. I actually start school 6/14/10 ITT Pittsburgh PA. I have read thru all these complaints and most of them complaining how they didn't get the education they deserve, well The only thing I can say is that the people that are making these complaints didn't try. I have former education thru the military in biomedical maintenance which still only covered the basics in electronics. You have to strive to education yourself in order to become a greater success. I currently work full time right now as a Electronic Technician. I worked for this company 5 years dealing with boards made for variety of top companies , devices fireman carry into burning buildings and from boards that operate a dam. Some boards I repair and troubleshoot are used for test equipment and hospital equipment. Now every day is a learning experience "I WAS NOT TAUGHT HOW TO DO MY JOB I WAS SHOWN". Yes I have been educated but in all actuality, schools dont so call teach the subject they show it to you and present it to you. Its up to you to use it and LEARN HOW TO USE THE INFORMATION. I am going to attend ITT to further my self in computer network systems. I looked at there curriculum and I believe the school does offer what I need to succeed. I know couple people... Show more
Reply to kennethsmart2010

Read next ITT Technical Institute complaint

itt tech let me pay $40,000 to do nothing in life

I went to itt tech and i pretty much flew right through all the classes and half of them were a comp...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about ITT Technical Institute.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug