My son attended ITT for about 5 months and realized he was not getting the education he thought he was paying for. He signed himself out and they charged him for another semester even though he did not attend another semester. So now, he is being harrassed at all time of the morning and night concerning the 11K he owes for 5 months worth of nothing!
ITT Technical Institute's units do not transfer to any real college or university. It even says this in their brochure. ITT Tech's units do not transfer because the education is watered down. What I mean by watered down is, the education you are paying for definitely isn't the education you are getting. Many students complained about the online courses and how they were confusing, but yet nothing was done. With an online course, you are basically teaching yourself. The General Ed. courses are basically Junior College material, if even that, and they're only avaiable because part of being accredited means they have to have them. The knowledge you learn at ITT Tech, is pretty much only good for an entry level position and that's not getting you much money like the "Recruiters" promised you would get before you enrolled. With ITT Tech, you're paying for a private school, but only getting about a Junior College level education.
ITT Tech, they're vultures when it comes to low income families and students and they market themselves towards them. If a family comes in and they have nothing saved for college, or there's no way the student is getting a scholarship, the people at ITT Tech will see a perfect opportunity. They'll try to find every loan possible, even through private banks, and basically, they'll find loans to cover your tuition and then say "see, you can go to school with no out of pocket expenses." But, those loans will end up being a very large amount and will probably put the student in debt for the rest of their lives.
Basically, DO NOT GO TO ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE because it's definitely not worth it. Go to a JC, get your GE and then go to a real College or University.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Courses
- Review category
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This is a fair and honest review of my experience with DUSTIN VICE and his company http://alliancecoachingsystem.com/. He calls himself a “A professional, top accredited Personal & Business Development Coach,..."
- "i dont agree with half of the stuff people have mentioned on here about this school , saying how it is a joke or how it doesnt teach you anything..."
- "I would like to complain the fraud institution STEi and COSS. STEi in a Singapore college which is providing 3 months studies and 6 months internship. The Principal marketing agent..."
- "Recently, I read an article on a new Philly rapper creating a loyal following in his neighborhood (congrats!) on a upcoming artist website. It was very briefâ€”literally seven sentencesâ€”but the..."
- "It's a place for the scammers and liars. Women (mostly from Ghana & Nigeria) supposedly having pictures of either British or Finnish decendants but are in fact guys hiding behind..."
- "We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."
- "First of all let me say that I have saved for a very long time to buy quality furniture. My family has been an Ethan Allen buying family. We have..."
- "As the title said, I just bought two pairs of shoe on that... and that's my first time purchase on that site, oh, yeah, anyone heard about the brand of..."
- "To ask for resending the missing part, I called 3 times within 1 day and each time I waited for over 1 hour. IKEA customer service claimed that only the..."