Itt Technical Institute - ITT Tech nothing but a useless Degree mill
I attended ITT-Tech in NY for one quarter then left. Why you may ask,because I spoke with several companies HR personnel at a local technology job fair. What I was told made me sick to my stomach. ITT Tech Degrees are considered to be what amounts to scrap paper.
Some of the reps asked what real degrees did I have. 3 told me that applicants that held ITT Tech Degrees were not even considered for a position with their company. Most told me that an ITT graduate may be considered depending on previous work experience. Prior to going to ITT Tech and learning outdated or inadequate material.
So I figured this was because other applicants went to real State and Local colleges. So I started my real homework and began research into these accusations. What was told to me was on the money "My Loan Money" to be truthful!
After e-mailing HR dept's asking if an ITT Tech graduate had a chance of working for them. The reply's were down right rude if I received a reply at all. From the companies that did reply the communication was less than promising.
If I wanted a basic in the door position or with their sales dept. The chances were there. However only to fill a chair that graduates from real colleges passed by. Unless prior job experience insulated your ITT Tech Degree.
They (the HR people) were more interested in what positions you had held in the past. That is if you wanted a position that paid more than 20K a year. In my case I had 20+ years in work experience in the field I was seeking a position in.
I am being non specific for a good reason. ITT Tech has excellent law firms on retainer. Honestly this bothers me as I do not need a lawsuit for slander or misrepresentation. So I wanted to warn those who watch these so called life changing commercials ITT Tech spends your degree money on.
I don't expect you to believe me. Do your own homework, contact the HR dept's of the companies you dream of working for. Before you get suckered into the ITT Tech Degree mill. Then listen to what they have to say "Go to a real college". Then get a Degree that is worth more than the paper it is printed on.
Preparing you for the future, should say Preparing you to pay us for a very long time!! Yes most good educations you do pay for a long time. However you have a position with a reputable company and can afford to pay your school loans and run a family.
As a school loan is not covered by any bankruptcy protection. You will be flipping burgers or filling gas until you retire. Or until you go to another college and get a Degree that will get you a position that will pay off both loans. That is if you can get another loan. Remember this all goes down on your credit record and Loan Officers don't want to hear your story. They hear them all the time.
To the students that graduated from ITT Tech and disagree with me. Congratulations, you won the employment lottery. To those watching those well rehearsed commercials. Do your real homework as I stated above. Karma goes around and ITT Tech will get theirs and it will not be pretty.
Watch for future posts, as I will start either a Yahoo group of disgruntled students or a website with the possible intent on a class action suit. Remember David did take down Goliath, ITT Tech needs to reimburse those they S****** or just shut down and go away, period.review #215379
You may also like
- "Buyer Beware!! John Wolsey's TAX LIEN ACADEMY (www.mhmoffers.com/taxsales.html#) is a not on the up-and-up. (Another URL for the Tax Lien Academy is http://community.icontact.com/p/taxlienacademy.)Filled out the form to order "the book,"..."
- "WHAT. How am I even supposed to answer this question? Horrible question, awkward responses, and terribly put together program. I can't believe I paid this much for a program that..."
- "Femaguides.com stole my money. I had successfully paid for the items to be delivered to my email and to my home. The guides were never delivered. I filed a complaint with paypal,..."
- "First time i had a bad experience in roseburg oregon for an app order they appeased me by free food and filling my order that was already charged to my..."
- "This is an edit of a photo taken by MorningPrint, previously one of my favorite printers, of 85% Cyan as shown in a Pantone process book (”85” color chip) ..."
- "Hands down, the worst living situation we have ever been in- and we have been in pretty awful living situations, having been young, poor, and in student debt. I..."
- "Ordered what appeared to be a beautiful arrangement for my God Childs first baby. It arrived and oh my, how dissapointing not to mention how embarrassed i was that something..."
- " Can you imagine someone search for your phone number and having a derogatory racial slur posted as the meaning of your name ? It happened..."
- "Ultimate RV in Fort Worth, TX....BEWARE! Everything they tell you is a lie except for the part in accepting your payments towards your down payment. If you go..."