Itt Technical Institute - ITT Tech nothing but a useless Degree mill
I attended ITT-Tech in NY for one quarter then left. Why you may ask,because I spoke with several companies HR personnel at a local technology job fair. What I was told made me sick to my stomach. ITT Tech Degrees are considered to be what amounts to scrap paper.
Some of the reps asked what real degrees did I have. 3 told me that applicants that held ITT Tech Degrees were not even considered for a position with their company. Most told me that an ITT graduate may be considered depending on previous work experience. Prior to going to ITT Tech and learning outdated or inadequate material.
So I figured this was because other applicants went to real State and Local colleges. So I started my real homework and began research into these accusations. What was told to me was on the money "My Loan Money" to be truthful!
After e-mailing HR dept's asking if an ITT Tech graduate had a chance of working for them. The reply's were down right rude if I received a reply at all. From the companies that did reply the communication was less than promising.
If I wanted a basic in the door position or with their sales dept. The chances were there. However only to fill a chair that graduates from real colleges passed by. Unless prior job experience insulated your ITT Tech Degree.
They (the HR people) were more interested in what positions you had held in the past. That is if you wanted a position that paid more than 20K a year. In my case I had 20+ years in work experience in the field I was seeking a position in.
I am being non specific for a good reason. ITT Tech has excellent law firms on retainer. Honestly this bothers me as I do not need a lawsuit for slander or misrepresentation. So I wanted to warn those who watch these so called life changing commercials ITT Tech spends your degree money on.
I don't expect you to believe me. Do your own homework, contact the HR dept's of the companies you dream of working for. Before you get suckered into the ITT Tech Degree mill. Then listen to what they have to say "Go to a real college". Then get a Degree that is worth more than the paper it is printed on.
Preparing you for the future, should say Preparing you to pay us for a very long time!! Yes most good educations you do pay for a long time. However you have a position with a reputable company and can afford to pay your school loans and run a family.
As a school loan is not covered by any bankruptcy protection. You will be flipping burgers or filling gas until you retire. Or until you go to another college and get a Degree that will get you a position that will pay off both loans. That is if you can get another loan. Remember this all goes down on your credit record and Loan Officers don't want to hear your story. They hear them all the time.
To the students that graduated from ITT Tech and disagree with me. Congratulations, you won the employment lottery. To those watching those well rehearsed commercials. Do your real homework as I stated above. Karma goes around and ITT Tech will get theirs and it will not be pretty.
Watch for future posts, as I will start either a Yahoo group of disgruntled students or a website with the possible intent on a class action suit. Remember David did take down Goliath, ITT Tech needs to reimburse those they S****** or just shut down and go away, period.review #215379
You may also like
- "Before I say anything, I would want to start by saying thank you for including me in such a wonderful organization that you all have. John Casablancas has offered me..."
- "I have graduated from this school and I have decided to go back and get the pastry chef completed. Perfect attendance 4.0 GPA before I was done I've told Nancy..."
- "I chatted with Jennifer to be confirmed I am getting a new RCDD-002 exam by paying $109.00. As soon as I downloaded the product, it appeared to be out-dated version...."
- "I purchased one of these in the spring when Home Depot had them on sale. I loved it. Looked nice in the front of the house, was light..."
- "Last month I ordered two coats from DressLily. The one pictured here was advertised as a dark gray cashmere blend. The size conversion chart on their website told me their..."
- "I apologize for not submitting this earlier, but my husband has been just diagnosed (at the beginning of May, 2011) with Melanoma, stage IV (most shocking since he did not..."
- "I signed a contract with Addzup on May 1, 2015 after a few weeks of going back and forth about the substandard website they built for me, they didn't implement..."
- "Couldn't find clean booth to sit at. Had to get server to wipe crumbs up first . Green Bay location appeared run down overall. While chewing on salad I discovered..."
- "I usually love steak and shake i was out of town (memphis,TN) wolfchase and went in around 11:15 pm with my sisters to buy a sandwhich we all got the..."