Show reviews that mention
itt tech school itt students tech money student class classes degree
Filter review

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus I must say that I am highly disappointed and horrified on finding so many complaints about ITT Technical Institute. Make no mistake about it, they are not about fulfilling, motivating, and inspiring student's dreams" but they are fulfilling ITT stockholder's gains. Can you imagine spend 40 K on a 2 year school? They charge 600 dollars for a kit by which they purchase for 150.00. The worse of all is that many students end up not getting a job. If you do not believe this , then, wonder why they keep calling students every single day, trying to find their whereabouts. They can tell that it is their job, I say they are full of it. They are trying to maintain the drops. If a specific program loses too many students, then, they will find what is happening and the instructor is to blame. They will hire just about anyone that have a bachelors degree and stay in the classroom for them. The person that really makes the money in any said campus is the director. The director receives a salary , plus profits. Therefore, he is also number driven. If students drops left and right, he or she will loose money. They are number driven. The employees are underpaid and overstressed. The sad of it is that ITT technical institute only pays partime staff a lousy 1500.00 for 3 months per class. If you are a student, ask a partime instructor. Also ask why so many changes on instructors. Do you really believe that all the instructors that left or got into a situation that they make you leave left because of what? Another negative aspect is that if you do not play their game, they will find something to get rid off the instructor. They do not care if you have a family, financial responsibilities, etc. Many students or prospective students are not aware is that ITT Technical Institute is not a regionally accredited institution. If you don't believe this, go do your homework. This is why it is a terminal degree and many schools will not accept your credits from courses taken at ITT. Why do you think that the recruiter will tell everything to convince you to sign the dotted line. Another negative aspect of ITT Technical Institute in Kansas City, MO, is that student drop like flies from all offered programs. Check on how many starts and then check how many end the quarter. More than half leave because they are not satisfied with their initial investment. Ask the dean or the Director, why so many students drop from school. I do not blame the students at all. Some students somehow are admitted but cannot either read or write, much less add or subtract, but does ITT cares? NO WAY. in other words, if I where you, I would stay away from any ITT Technical Institute campus. They have the same operation all they care is your money, period!

Is there anyway to get out of the contract? Even get your money back?

I attend ITT in St. Louis MO.

We have a screw top policy for drinks in class or lab. They have vending machines on site that carry everything from H2o, soda and coffee. They all have screw tops. You can also bring anything (well maybe not EVERYthing), as long as it has a screw top.

I have the same policy at home, after my computer was damaged from spilled coffee. I also have a separate table next to it so that if someone spills, it won't damage my computer.

I hope your campus will adopt the policy, I don't know why they wouldn't. Best of luck.

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus

the problem is that desperate people will sign whatever they are given to get their son or daughter enrolled and apparently accepted at a school. The problem is that ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus like any of the 128 campus, it is the same story: they have an enrollment goal to reach by the 1st week. The Director gets like 20 or 25% profit on enrollment. The dean does not earn more than 50K and after all deductions, he ends up with 45k. the Program Chair earns like an extra 4K to work like a horse and get all the blame on why students are dropping and leaving early. Long hours. In summary: high expectations and low wages.

Folks, ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus is a rip off and there is no much to say about it. It is all a fake theater. There are too many big wheels of a flat tire or better yet: too many chiefs and not enough chiefs.

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus must be investigated thoroughly!

It is amazing that some of you are a bunch of idiots to sign up at ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus. They do not care for the student, but the number of enrolled students and now they have other means to make sure that instructors produce, or yet, keep all the suckers in the classroom.

I would start filing complaints with the Better business bureau, call the local media, get your state representative involved. Come on now folks... you sign your death certificate by signing the dotted line...

that recruiter promissed you that you would get a real job right? You may want to find out what is their graduate employment rate. Ask the *** *** Dean about if ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus is Regionally accredited? You will see his answer to his question.....

every student at ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus should drop at once while you have a chance!

they are fulfilling your pockets! get a grip!

I am so happy that I didn't choose ITT. Looks like you losers got that shaft! LOL LOL LOL!

@PissedConsumer170193

what school did you end up going to and are you happy with that school?

The very same guy who used to run the Kansas City Vatterott school went to the ITT School in KC. No wonder there are so many similar complaints between those two schools.

People need to learn that these friggen "career" schools are nothing more than cash cows designed to milk the loot for all it is worth. Education means nothing - The snow job is everything. These schools are just a modern day version of snake oil and there never seems to be a shortage of suckers.

Get a clue people. Avoid these trade schools like the plague.

Get a clue people. Avoid these trade schools like the plague.

So why does the Dept of Education not care enough to investigate this scam? How many defaulted federal loans does it take for someone in government to stop giving financial aid to students at this scam of an institution?

thank goodness that I dropped out of ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus. I wasted my time and money.

View more comments (31)
Shawnee, Kansas
Product
Itt Technical Institute Program

Angry students at ITT Knoxville, TN

Our campus in Knoxville, TN has decided to take away all rights to us students to have drinks in the classroom. The students and teachers are no longer allowed to have any water, cokes, ect in the classroom. This occured when someone who was working for ITT to do renovations spilled a coke on accident in one of the labs. This was no fault of a student or teacher. Since when do we have to pay for the school, teachers pay, and renovations and get nothing in return but faulty equipment, repetitive classes, and our rights as students to be taken away? Nobody can stand in front of the classroom and talk to four hours every day without something to drink to clear their throats from dry mouth. I believe that if you want the students to continue to go to ITT you will help us change this. It is our right as the consumers to have something to drink, (even if it's water), while we are in class. This has made a lot of individuals mad. Personally I've heard of about 65 students who plan to look at moving schools, including myself. This is rediculous. What right are they going to take away next, breathing? Please help us do something. IT was not our fault that some person who does not even attend ITT accidently spill something on the carpet. IT is bull. It is not fair to punish the students when we weren't even there when this event happened. We were on two weeks break. We were not even at school,and now their blaming us by taking away our drinks. I'm sick of ITT and I plan on looking at a future college. I am leaving in November to go to basic training for the TN National Guard. When I return I may be moving schools. I want you to consider this and do something about it. I am not the only one who feels this way. Thank you for your time. Natasha Dodson Criminal Justice Major ITT Technical Institute Knoxville, TN

Hahaha this is so rich. It's like seeing Lincoln's assassination and complaining that the play was not particularly well-acted.

What kind of spoiled *** are you that you feel the entitlement to make ridiculous claims on-line. Your mind-set and deameanor is part of the very reason this country is in a mess. Utilize your time wisely, shut your pie-hole, move out of your momma's house and get a job like the rest of the real world...

I would be *** about the overpriced,sorry excuse for an education you are getting instead of not being able to suck down a soft drink in the lab.

Thats what your pissed about. Really!?

Your not even susposed to have drinks in the labs. Stop being *** and get over it!

your a wuss!

Oh come on, seriously. I agree with the two people above. Having drinks and snacks inside a classroom or lab is not a right; it's a privilege. I can understand why they have this rule. Many snacks are either sticky or messy with crumbs, drinks can be easily spilled (no matter how careful you are). Have you ever had to use a computer were previous people have had sticky fingers on the keys and crumbs can be found inside the keyboards? Obviously not, because it's nasty. Not to mention a health concern.

Add these factors together and you have too much risk of damaging equipment, carpets, etc. The more damaged equipment, the more likely of a rise in tuition to pay for new equipment...no one wants that. No one wants to get sick either because someone else decided to eat or drink in class, and then with fingers which are now covered in germs from the food and mouth, touch the computers and desks.

Quit complaining and use your 20 minute break during class to eat your snacks and drink your drinks. That's what it's there for.

It is not a right of the students to have drinks in the class room. I am a former student from that campus and was never allowed to bring drinks into the lab or the classroom except on a special occasion.

The fact that you are complaining about this petty problem onnly shows that you must have to much time to think about it. I was constantly busy with academics and tutoring my fellow students. I would also tell you to think twice about transferring to another college. The fact is you are in a Vocational school not a college and many of your credits will not transfer.

So make sure you consider all the variables before you make any rash decisions.

I am still pursueing my bachelors degree through a traditional college while being gamefully employed. But the education I recieved was solid and it really helped me get into the field I want to be in.

Are you serious?

Thats not a right of the students, thats a privilege.

It is the schools right to forbid food and drinks in the classroom. They maintain the campus and its property. Students may pay for their education, but they are paying for the right to learn from their services. Not dictate school policy.

Seriously, grow up. This is a truly pathetic thing to complain about.

View more comments (7)
Cleveland, Tennessee

Challenging integrity

As a former employee of ITT Technical Institute (as an enrollment representative and then as a Career Services Specialist), I encourage you to think twice about attending ITT Tech. Please understand that I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact, as an employee they treated me okay. But the bottom line is, my integrity was challenged on a daily basis as I saw students come through who should have never been enrolled in school. The admission requirements are sub-par to say the least...in essence, anyone can be admitted into most programs. And boy, do students pay. At over $425 per quarter credit hour, ITT is praying on the less fortunate (in many cases) and encouraging them to take loans they will never be able to pay. From what I witnessed of the education, it is well below average (aside from a few good instructors). I attended and graduated from two state schools (both of which were much less expensive) and received a much higher quality education. And finally, the most important part that most people do not realize: ITT is a for-profit, proprietary institution (State schools and community colleges are not-for-profit and not publicly traded). It is publicly traded. What this means: Students are paying to keep shareholders happy and to pad the pockets of the executive staff located in Carmel, IN. When I was an admissions representative, I was reviewed by the number of students I enrolled. It didn't matter whether I thought they could cut it or not, they wanted numbers and that was the bottom line. When I was in career services, I was judged by the numbers of 'placed' students. It didn't matter if they had a felony or no competency-they still had to be placed or I didn't keep a job. A natural question you may have: Why did you work there for 2.5 years if you had so many issues with the school? if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have. But now I'm going to try to keep some people from making a decision they will regret. The Bottom Line: Attend a community college or a public, state school. It will save you a great deal of money and the education will be much better. Sarah, Indianapolis

I have never enrolled a student that I did not think could be successful. Maybe you should take a look at how you approached your position. Regardless of the company expectations for enrollment goals, I value my morality above corporate standards. Because I approach my position with this standard, I am one of the top producing recruiters at my campus. You determine your approach to your career and if you lack the strength to stand up for what you believe then you are the only person responsible for the outcome. Unfortunately, there are unsavory individuals who work in recruitment, but they do not last very long. My campus is exceptional in every area of administration and faculty. I believe in what I am doing because I know that I am helping someone change their life. Attitude and truth are the keys to a successful career and I follow those principals daily.

I am sorry that your campus does not possess the high standards that my campus practices. Not all of the locations are going to run in the same ways, but to disuade anyone from reaching their goals is appauling. If each student puts in the work required, they can be a success in their chosen field. We are not employed to do anything FOR the students, but rather guide them toward the tools they need. If they expect people to do everything for them, how will they learn to be self sufficient in their life.

ITT offers students the chance to learn about their chosen field through hard work and guidance. All the staff can do is encourage and guide.

Approach your career with the same convictions you live by and you will know you have done what is right for the people who are asking for your help!

[Complaint comments] Comments [Complaint country] United States [Complaint category] Education

Share with others: Digg it! Del.ici.ous Furl Yahoo My Web

Was the above complaint useful to you?

More ITT Technical Institute complaints

ITT Technical Institute - Avoid!

ITT Technical Institute - Payment

Comments

Sort by: Date | Rating

407 days ago by William [send email] 0 Votes

As an instructor for ITT, I can confirm the money-grabbing and numbers-driven culture . If you don't meet your quota for attendance and grades, it must be your fault. This results in a rating that keeps you from teaching certain classes.

Instructors are reminded and exhorted to call every absent student for every class and remind the budding scholars that they are enrolled in a program. On top of that, we are expected to document every contact in a computer system. We are placed in a position of treating adults like children and nagging them to improve their own lot in life.

Students are mailed reminders that a new term is about to start and that they should plan on attending classes. On top of that, instructors are expected to collect the reminders from students for an ipod raffle! Students that show up literally 3 hours late for class still counts as a valid attendance. Students who sign-in and immediately leave is considered a valid attendance.

Pizza parties for classes that have 100% attendance during a crucial week. Free video games and popcorn in the student lounge. Free donuts and juice to entice students to arrive for finals week.

All this and much more leads to grade inflation and social promotion of students who have neither the ambition nor the smarts to copy the answers from the back of the book to homework problems.

A large portion of the student body are undisciplined, lazy, and unfocused dullards with a huge sense of entitlement. If you are serious about bettering yourself - steer clear of ITT.

389 days ago by Bill Ritenour [send email] 0 Votes

I regretfully admit I am a a graduate of ITT, with a worthless AAS degree in Multimedia. I received a little bit of this and a little bit of that in training in various aspects of multi media, but not enough of any one area to really have a grasp and understanding of the subject. Also, I did not have any portfolio of any substance worthy of showing to prospective employers. Employers usually want five years of work experience plus a Bachelor's degree, and a good portfolio of work. I graduated in 2006, and I am still working in a job that has nothing to do with my so called training. I considered continuing my education to get a Bachelor's degree, but I TT's credits are not transferable anywhere except to another ITT campus. I feel like I have been robbed of my money and time.

384 days ago by Amanda Both [send email] 0 Votes

I also am I graduate of ITT also with the worthless Associates degree in multimedia. I graduated with all the phony honors, though I was actually going to go somewhere with my life. I got a job working as a web design specialist for 2.5 mnths then was laid off. ITT promised me that they would help me get a job for the rest of my life.. huh.. with a very poor education from that school I shouldn't have expected any less then no help at all... Now I can't get a job anywhere in the computer field and I'm working for a self-storage facility. I have stopped making my loan payments because I can't afford it and feel like yes, I have been robbed.

358 days ago by Lil [send email] 0 Votes

I've been interested in furthering my education for some time. I'd always seen the commercials on tv, like a lot of people, for ITT Tech and thought it sounded like a great school. I figured it would be better to get a specialized degree in my area of interest rather than go to a community college, since I thought that a specialized school would be... well, specialized! And they would be better suited to teaching me what I'd need to know.

Just a bit of background about me, I did graduate from high school as an average, rather unexceptional student. Though my parents had promised they would set money aside for me for school, by the time I graduated high school, there just wasn't any money saved for me, so I decided I'd just work instead and if I ever decided to go to school, I could look into it when I felt I was ready.

I sent off for some information and got in touch with a guy named Vince, who was a recruiter for the Seattle ITT Tech and we had a nice chat. I explained that although I would have loved to attend the actual, physical school, I would be unable to as I lived too far away and didn't have access to regular, reliable transportation. So I told him that I would be interested in attending online classes instead. He told me that would be no problem and at the end of our chat, he told me that someone from financial aid would be getting in touch with me the next day. I explained to him that it wasn't the best time and could we do it on Friday, instead, and he said fine - and yet, sure enough, on Thursday, I get a call from someone from financial aid, all eager to fill out my forms!

I was a little miffed by this, but I was done with my work for the day, so I thought I might as well go ahead and get it taken care of, while I had the guy on the phone. He went through a questionnaire with me about my finances and so on and mentioned student loans and when I said that I didn't have any credit and probably wouldn't be able to *GET* a student loan, he said 'oh, don't worry, we can get you one!' and so we continued with the process of filing the FAFSA info and filling out my enrollment form at the site for the September quarter.

We concluded the call and that was about the time I got a sinking feeling. Right around the point where I received a couple of emails from him with attachments that I would need to fill out and send. I did a search and found the postings here and was very dismayed, to say the least. The very next day, I got in contact with Chase loans and had them cancel my student loan application.

Just today, I emailed the financial aid guy:

'I have been doing a great deal of research about ITT since I spoke with you last and I have not been pleased by what I found. In point of fact, I was left feeling very troubled. I have contacted Chase and had them

cancel my application for a student loan and I would like for you to cancel my enrollment for online courses at ITT. I will not be talked into reapplying for the loan, so don't bother calling - you will not be

speaking to me again on the phone. The next email that I expect from you is one notifying me of my enrollment being cancelled.

Agree with you. It is a rip off attending ITT.

They literally promise the world prior signing the contract. Afterward the first quarter, you will notice students very dissatisfied with the classroom environment.

It is true: ITT Technical Institute is NOT regionally accredited. They are undergoing such process.

It takes 3 years to gain regional accreditation.

Yet, they will not disclose this to the students. The students are sucked up to believe that the classes are transferable!

An additional note I forgot to mention in my post: Your credits absolutely will not transfer to another school. ITT is nationally rather than regionally accredited as most schools are.

Regionally accredited schools typically will not accept ITT credits.

This was quite a frustration for many students.

View more comments (4)