Show reviews that mention
itt tech school itt students tech money student class classes degree
Filter review

Itt school gave favortism to other students

I was a student at ITT Tech & was set to graduate June 2012. It has been nothing but problems from the beginning. They hire instructors with Masters degrees & all they do is read power points & give little to no help at all to students. They start you off taking classes in the pm & then switch it during your time there to am without any notice & they do not care. I had emergency surgery & because a form was not filled out prior to the surgery & it ended up with me missing a clinical I was withdrawn from the class. But they allow other students to take cruises which makes them miss clinical and thats ok. They are not accredited yet and was suppose to be by Jan. 2011. We have had many chairs of nursing quit with no explanation to the students. Very disorganized school and I do not recommend anyone attending there unless they wish to just throw away their money.

blahblah is absolutely right...itt tech has no legit accredidation, in fact they are a publicly traded corporation.itt tech is its own accreditor. there is only 1 way to get an education and that is hard work from a legitimately regionally accredited public community college or university....it will also cost much less...get real people

:grin :cry

anyone that goes to itt tech deserves to be scammed. BUYER BEWARE do your research if you type itt tech into google once!

you will know not to go.

plus any person that pays 40k fo a degree from there deserves to not have that 40k lol go to a real school do your research. im sick of hearing how bad they are and *boohoo i got scamed well no *** you did* i mean come one people DONT BE SO DUMB

View more comments (2)
Decatur, Indiana

ITT in Henderson, NV Sucks!

I only have 2 classes left in order to graduate in December but apparently that is not going to happen! One of the two classes they gave me is only offered in the a.m. which they scheduled me for even though I have been taking night classes for the last two and a half years! On top of that the class is a 100 course class that I should have taken a long time ago! They asked me if I could work something out with my employer...are you serious???!!!!! Jobs are so hard to come by these days I am not about to ask my boss if I could start @ noon instead of 7 a.m.!!! I am extremely pissed off.

This school sucks STAY AWAY. ITT GRADUATE.....

What a HORRIBLE school ITT-Tech turned out to be for many nursing students, I for one. First of all, the teachers are not accountable for teaching the students and secondly you really do not know which of them is teaching your class, due to disorganization in this program.

Suggestion...make sure that you ask MANY questions and if they look uneasy, they are liars. ITT really has no respect or care for any person who truly needs an education from them, since they do not blink an eye if you are not a A student. You will be asked to resign from program if you do not maintain A's with them. They of course do not tell you that until they have a large portion of your funds paid to them.

Honest, this is truly sad that we have businesses that portray themselves as they have and then do not follow through. DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE!!

After 5 years of studying in ITT tech, I decided to study and teach alone for game design through an online course. I'm only part time there and the learning from which I cannot name her, actually bore me to death.

It is very much in a junior college level, BUT more tedious thus making it less fun. I can't give another four grand to them anymore. It's sad because my family and I are having tough times this year on our business. I needed the money to save on something important for them like to pay the lawyers and pay the rent for the building.

Not only that, I need to work for them and for myself.

I don't need a bachelor's degree as a game designer to be successful.

I love my family, so we need to work hard and save myself from spending too much on ITT Tech. This grateful student is out of there in a few weeks.

"blahblahblahblah12345" your childishness and lack of empathy are really sad.

@john

"i mean come one people DONT BE SO DUMB"

Watch out, folks! This obviously college educated gentlemen has spotted a scam.

Come 1 people.

I'm sure his college education came free of charge, courtesy of the DropOut Scholarship of the Institute of Invented Genius. Don't pay 40k, go to a REAL school and pay 80k!

@john

COME ONE PEOPLE??? YES YOU ARE VERY EDUCATED AS WELL I SEE

View more comments (6)
Wilmington, Massachusetts
I was a student at itt-tech. I wanted to get my degree in Construction Management. They told me I had to take two years of AUTO-CADD, so I did. the last semester they told me they cancelled the program, no reason, just do it on-line now or nothing.I'm not doing it...
Atlanta, Georgia
Itt Technical Institute Program
I went to ITT Tech online and got completely screwed over I am going through a greivence process now to try to have them refund some of the money i paid to them. I didn't even get the software I paid for or books or anything for that matter. The credits I recieved...

My advice would be to look up your school on the bbb.org and file a complaint all of the ITT's listed there have an A+ rating and 0 complaints

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

ITT and thier consistant Incompetancy

Back in 2008 i was fresh out of high school with typical vocational colleges e-mailing me left and right. One just so happened to be ITT. Since they were a recognizable name i decided to check out their curriculum. Of course they made the school sound great and had technical diagrams posted on every wall for CDD. My student rep told me my credits would transfer to any college in the area, such as miami hamilton or nku. She showed me the graphs of the difference between "educated and uneducated people" would earn as a salary. Financial aid went though great. i was in... Hook, line and sinker is how i feel about it now Two weeks into my first quarter i learn that my student rep has resigned. how strange. I was eighteen so i didn't think much of it. I got through my first full year without many issues, considering i had taken classes on the programs in high school. starting new programs were quite a different task. more difficult due to unanswered questions. not only i but several people in my class fell behind during the introduction to autodesk revit. maybe some are framiliar. when the teacher would move from subject to subject quickly. some of us would have a question. and since the (i wont say teacher because she was reading from the book) she would not have the answer and would become extremely frustrated with the students and tell us "well i can't slow down the entire class for just one student" even though it was 60 percent of a 23 person class not understanding. So as the class fell behind, so would our MAJOR PROJECT that was required from our INTRODUCTORY class and was graded by the head of our department, who did not see the work fit to move to the next class, ignoring complaints about the "teacher's" methods. F. who could've guessed i returned to the class, with the same "teacher" the following semester. who for some reason. only showed up every other week. some weeks there would be a substitute book reader and some weeks there would be none. those seemed to be the weeks i had gotten the most done. still with inconsistant teaching. another F because the major project requirements had become more steep. my gpa had unexpectedly dropped quite dramaticly due to these incedents and the composition teacher who care for anyone who didn't come from a wealthy background. it wasn't that she was a racist. just that noone was able to meet her standards of living. and that is also how she grade my finacial aid was cut off due to my gpa and the head of my department told me to get a personal loan to pay for one class 1,976 dollars and if i were to recieve a 79% or better. it would raise my gpa. i took out the loan and returned to school to find out that he'd been fired for misconduct and lacking neccessary degree's to be in his position. my finacial rep had resigned and when i had passed with an 89%. my gpa was .01 too low to pick up my financial aid. so many details left out
Hamilton, Ohio
Loss
ITT-tech columbia SC campus maybe the worst campus of all the itt-tech schools.I cant imagaine any institution worst than Itt-tech Columbia.Here is why the software is outdated the instructors simply do not know the material. The instructors that they hire are not...

Carmel, Indiana
Itt Technical Institute Program
Being a past employee, be very careful about this school, ITT Tech in Sylmar, CA. They are the biggest scams ever. After you graduate good luck getting a job that pays $30K a year or more. Most instructors can not speak english, the work doesnt teach you much and half...

If you are considering this School for a Degree, please ask for a list of placed graduates in your field (recent list) and salary with hire dates. We are asked to place you into your field but honestly you have no experience or skills after attending this school.

Go to a real college and don't waste your money.

Also, I agree with all the comments on this Topic. Good Luck with your Education choices!

Itasca, Illinois
This is coming from a former employee. ITT is about 48 thousand for an associates degree and double that for a bachelor's degree. The avg salary coming out with an associates is right around 30k. The teachers do not have a vested interest. They work other jobs...

you will probably owe the entire quarter's worth - so about 7k. It is spelled out on the enrollment agreeement you signed before starting school.

Austin ITT is H-orrible. Their campus president is the worse thing since sliced bread became wheat.

Bellevue, Washington

Itt tech

*** itt tech its a rip off they don't help you find a job worst school ever they lie about everything their they dont know what their doing you will get screwed if you attend this school i graudated and they still havent found me a job they staff their really sucks their fincial deparement is their worst they dont know what their doing or talking about they screwed me with about 30k if i knew it was going to be this bad i would of just attented a community college instead so to all you out their dont go to itt tech you wont learn nothing their and get ***

OMG!!! Your grammar is atrocious. That fact that you are a graduate of this college speaks volumes.

I totally agree with you. I was also a past full time employee that would like to say that the ITT in Sylmar, CA is a joke.

The staff is not friendly at all, nor are helping. You will learn nothing nor get a job when you graduate. Most of the teachers there can not even speak english.

It cost $48K for 2 years and $98K for a 4 year degree. This is a rip off big time.

Totally agree. I am a former employee of ITT and everything you are saying is very true.

It is a very bad school and you will learn nothing.

I worked there for years and know the real truth about ITT. I have many stories to spread.

Well hey obviously did a horrible job in teaching you basic writing skills and grammar. I would be pissed at them for that alone.

ITT or any other for profit college is a rip off. They want your money, in fact they dont want your money, they want government money that YOU will have to pay back after you get the worthless degree, IF you can find a job adn that is a big IF.

Employers see the for profit college on the resume and it goes in the trash. That might be why you dont have a job. For profits are not taken seriously.

Getting a degree from a for profit is like wetting your pants in a dark suit. IT GIVE YOU A WARM FEELING, BUT NOBODY NOTICES....

I went to ITT for almost a year. The staff taught me nothing.

I transferred to a community college to find out that I was probably dumber than before I went to ITT!!!

After ONE semester at the community college, I gained so much more knowledge than I would have had I stayed at ITT for 4 years. The teachers don't know what they are talking about, the curriculum is on a 5th grade level if that, and you will pass with an A or B as long as you show up for class. Oh and they also throw you a pizza party if your class has 80% attendance. Really???

I consider myself lucky to have only wasted $9500 at ITT. PLEASE PLEASE do not go to ITT Tech.

View more comments (5)
Los Angeles, California
Loss

TV commercial not consistant.

The Man in TV commercial says that once he was an ordinary factory worker. His previous commercial he says that he was laid off from his "position", indicating he was a white collar worker. The second commercial done at a reunion of people who made statements in earlier commercials disputes that. His uppity attitude is irritating. This makes me wonder if the commercials are indeed factual or just aimed at people who are desparatly doing the spots to either make momey or to get their 15 minutes of fame on TV. Or maybe they get discounts from the school. At any rate, it makes me wary of the school.

ITT Tech does use real students. They are flown to ITT Tech's filming location in Florida where ITT Tech shoots their commercials.

ITT sets the students up in front of some fat house with a $35,000 car in the driveway ( none of which is the students).

Those commercials are bogus and ITT does it so the deceived viewer will think , wow, that guy went to ITT and now makes mad money.

Anyone who would pay $46,000 for an unaccredited associates degree is a fool.

ITT preys on underemployed people.

No, he was really laid off from a UAW plant job where at the time he made about $18/hr as a hi lo driver.

The ITT commercial he was in was staged and filmed at one of ITT Techs houses in Florida. It is not his house.

The guy in the commercial lives in Colorado. So you can see ITT's commercials are highly misleading but that student does exist, I knew him.

He was known as a dufus throughout the plant and he was a cry baby.

He now has nearly $80,000 in student loans because ITT fooled him in to their 4 year program.

Last I heard he is a system admin making $20/hr.

But yeah, the guy was very arrogant and I wouldn't hire him back. No work ethic at all.

:eek :cry :? :?

:roll :) :grin :( :( :cry :cry :cry :x :sigh :upset :cry :cry :cry :?

:? :?

Ummmm.. I guess I am one of the few that succeeded after graduation.

For me the degree is just a piece of paper because during the entire time I was in school, I worked in the profession making about $35k. But now 12 years later I have 12 experience and a piece of paper to show that I have some sort of formal education. Oh by the way I got a Associates in Computer Information Systems. Now I am a Senior level Network Administrator making $50k.

Though I honestly feel that it was my own self education from working 12 years then the degree itself. Looking back I really didn't learn ***.

Does anyone know who the student/actor is at the end of almost every ITT TECH commercial? hes got what looks like black hair maybe, looks Spanish or Latino, & hes wearing a graduation cap, big smile? Anyone know his real name?

:grin :) ;) 8) :p :roll :upset :zzz :sigh :eek :? :cry :( :x MY SON WENT TO ITT FOR TWO YEARS FOR COMPUTER TECHNICIAN.

HE GRADUATED AND HASN'T FOUND A JOB FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW HE'S WORKING IN A WAREHOUSE. HE FIXES PPL'S COMPUTERS ON HIS OWN FOR EXTRA $$. HE OWES A BUNCH OF $$ NOW AND I'M PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS. I HAD HIGH HOPES FOR MY SON.

I'M ON FACEBOOK AS MERRY JOY AND THAT'S MY COMMENT. THANKS FOR READING IT.

The one woman with the facial piercings does ***.

The guy in the commercial that was in the construction industry prior to ITT obviously couldn't use his back and brain at the same time. I worked construction for 40 years and am proud to have done so.

I worked with college grads that loved construction, worked with architechs solving design problems and the personal gratification of seeing what was accomplished at projects end. I take offense to the commercial...no need to name an industry to get the point accross.

I just enrolled but they said I needed $500 to start school! I said I would be back when I had the money!

So don't go back?

Any good news from this place? How have they been BBB accredited since like 1985?

View more comments (12)
Houston, Texas
ITT Tech is a complete send off, they promise to find your jobs when you graduate, and I graduated in Septemeber and still have not find work in my field which is Information Technology. The career service department sends you on jobs that you are not qualified for,...

you will know not to go. plus any person that pays 40k fo a degree from there deserves to not have that 40k lol go to a real school

Carmel, Indiana

ITT Educational Services, Inc. Investigation

Worms and Hirsch, Inc. is a private investigations firm that has been retained by a law firm representing shareholders of ITT Educational Services, Inc. in a class action complaint alleging securities fraud. This is an action being brought by the shareholders against ITT Educational Services, Inc. and some of its officers and directors. This action is entitled Operating Engineers Construction Industry and Miscellaneous Pension Fund v. ITT Educational Services, Inc., Kevin M. Modany, Daniel M. Fitzpatrick, Case No. 10-civ-8323 and is pending in United States District Court, Southern District of New York. My firm, Worms and Hirsch, Inc., is interested in speaking with former ITT Educational Services, Inc. students about their experiences with the school. Please feel free to contact us at 866.333.6801 if you would like to discuss your experiences. Please do note, the law firm we are working with does not represent former students of the school. The action we are investigating is being brought on behalf of the ITT Educational Services, Inc. shareholders. We look forward to speaking with you.
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Campus: Saint Rose - 098 Director: William Wells (approved hire) Director of Career Services: R. Christian Bilich (hiring manager) Curent Staff: P. Marshall and S. Jones (BOTH CAREER SERVICES SPECIALISTS) Problem: Neither has a Bachelor's Degree as required by job...

To the poster of the review: Reading is fundamental!!! Requirements are: "Bachelor's degree in social science, discipline, human resources, business, marketing or a related area preferred.

"At least 6 months to 1 year of experience in executive search, employment staffing, career services, out placement services or sales experience in the corporate sector.

Please check a person's resume before posting negative and inaccurate information.

New Orleans, Louisiana

ITT FAILS STUDENTS TO ACHIEVE LARGE SECTION SIZES

Students Involved: C. Carter, P. McKay, and G. Turner ITT Employees Involved: Dennis Artis, Registrar, Renee S. Hall, Associate Dean, and William Wells, Director Problem: The Registrar and Associate Dean (approved by the Director) put these students online without prior notification and these students felt that they had to try the course because they were in their last quarter. They feel they were not advised properly. These students were placed in online courses during week 1 (no advising performed) and given no opportunity to test out. They sat in class waiting for the instructor but was told by a Finance person that the class was moved to online. The Registrar or Associate Dean did not communicate anything to them. These students were in their last quarter at ITT - graduating. These students were tutored by the Associate Dean who is not qualified to tutor Economics. She teaches English. She did not know the topics necessary to help them successfully complete the course. She did not know how to solve the problems or explain how to solve them. The tutor hired was not present on the days they came to school. Now, these students have failed the course and not able to graduate. ITT has failed these students. With the Gainful Employment changes coming, these students will be placed in a horrible position. He is the information by the Dept. of Education: FROM THE GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: Retaking Coursework: Currently students who repeat coursework cannot have the course they repeat count towards the calculation of a full-time course load. As proposed, this rule would expand the definition of full-time student by allowing such courses to count if the student is in a program that registers by the term or semester. THESE STUDENTS HAVE PAID TOO MUCH MONEY FOR A DEGREE THEY CANNOT USE... THESE STUDENTS ARE NOW VERY UPSET THAT THEIR GRADUATION IS DELAYED BECAUSE OF WRONGFUL ACTIONS OF ITT

New Orleans, Louisiana
Itt Technical Institute Program

ITT-TECH WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIS SCHOOL IS A RIP OFF.THE FINANCIAL AID STAFF ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO HANDLE YOUR TUITION LOANS, ETC. THEY ARE ***. I REGRET GOING TO THIS SCHOOL. THIS IS THE WORST SCHOOL I EVER ATTENDED. THE TEACHERS DROP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE QUARTERS. THE TEACHERS ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO TEACH CERTAIN COURSES!!!!!!!!!!! THEY JUST READ FROM THE BOOK OR POWER POINT. I ENTERED THE HIT PROGRAM AT THE LAKE MARY CAMPUS AND IT WAS A JOKE. THE BEST THING I DID WAS DROP OUT OF THIS *** SCHOOL. CAREER SERVICES IS A JOKE. THEY HELP FIND STUDENTS JOBS BY SENDING YOU EMAILS! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE!!! *** *** SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the commercials make ITT so great

I have been at ITT for the past year and I have learned absolutely nothing. I thought that I would get a quality education but ITT in no way delivered.

Thankfully I got out before I was drowning in debt.

The community college that I just started at said that after I take 15 hours(5 courses)and depending on my gpa after completing the 15 hours, they will look at my transcript from ITT and decide on what credits they will accept. That is better than nothing.

i was wondering the same thing because im going to itt and they took my student loans and now i dont get anything back

View more comments (3)