My son attended ITT for about 5 months and realized he was not getting the education he thought he was paying for. He signed himself out and they charged him for another semester even though he did not attend another semester. So now, he is being harrassed at all time of the morning and night concerning the 11K he owes for 5 months worth of nothing!
ITT Technical Institute's units do not transfer to any real college or university. It even says this in their brochure. ITT Tech's units do not transfer because the education is watered down. What I mean by watered down is, the education you are paying for definitely isn't the education you are getting. Many students complained about the online courses and how they were confusing, but yet nothing was done. With an online course, you are basically teaching yourself. The General Ed. courses are basically Junior College material, if even that, and they're only avaiable because part of being accredited means they have to have them. The knowledge you learn at ITT Tech, is pretty much only good for an entry level position and that's not getting you much money like the "Recruiters" promised you would get before you enrolled. With ITT Tech, you're paying for a private school, but only getting about a Junior College level education.
ITT Tech, they're vultures when it comes to low income families and students and they market themselves towards them. If a family comes in and they have nothing saved for college, or there's no way the student is getting a scholarship, the people at ITT Tech will see a perfect opportunity. They'll try to find every loan possible, even through private banks, and basically, they'll find loans to cover your tuition and then say "see, you can go to school with no out of pocket expenses." But, those loans will end up being a very large amount and will probably put the student in debt for the rest of their lives.
Basically, DO NOT GO TO ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE because it's definitely not worth it. Go to a JC, get your GE and then go to a real College or University.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Courses
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I have attended many internet marketing seminars and previews over the years. This time I attended Brett McFall seminar preview while I was in Melbourne. To be frank, it is..."
- "Every student should know that student handbooks represent contracts between students and their schools. If they do not follow them they can be liable for breach of contract. That being..."
- "Over the course of 126 days at La Petite, my 2 children suffered 36 reported injuries. When I requested a conference with higher management to discuss the problem, they..."
- "i bought leather sofa set($2099.98) with extended warranty (249.99) on 1/9/2011one of the dual seat back rest there are some air bubbles coming are out on leather skin, i went..."
- "Pre Employment Scam After completing orientation we were all sent home and told that we would be contacted when our trainers were available to train but instead I got a phone..."
- "I received an email from you guys titled, 'It's been six months. Alot can happen.' It was in reference to my complaints about Intoxalock. Alot did happen. Unfortunately, only one..."
- "HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Bad attitude without any knowledge of hotel or policies! Housekeeping does not clean! Leaves dirty sheets on floor and when I informed front desk about the..."
- "Brand new shoes with disintegrating sole. I have not worn them once. Its like the rubber is meltingI it is disintegrating. The sole is sticky to touch...."
- "Do not buy from them. Sent wrong part, I contacted via email. They asked for pictures, even after I showed them the pictures the refused to acknowledge they..."