My son attended ITT for about 5 months and realized he was not getting the education he thought he was paying for. He signed himself out and they charged him for another semester even though he did not attend another semester. So now, he is being harrassed at all time of the morning and night concerning the 11K he owes for 5 months worth of nothing!
ITT Technical Institute's units do not transfer to any real college or university. It even says this in their brochure. ITT Tech's units do not transfer because the education is watered down. What I mean by watered down is, the education you are paying for definitely isn't the education you are getting. Many students complained about the online courses and how they were confusing, but yet nothing was done. With an online course, you are basically teaching yourself. The General Ed. courses are basically Junior College material, if even that, and they're only avaiable because part of being accredited means they have to have them. The knowledge you learn at ITT Tech, is pretty much only good for an entry level position and that's not getting you much money like the "Recruiters" promised you would get before you enrolled. With ITT Tech, you're paying for a private school, but only getting about a Junior College level education.
ITT Tech, they're vultures when it comes to low income families and students and they market themselves towards them. If a family comes in and they have nothing saved for college, or there's no way the student is getting a scholarship, the people at ITT Tech will see a perfect opportunity. They'll try to find every loan possible, even through private banks, and basically, they'll find loans to cover your tuition and then say "see, you can go to school with no out of pocket expenses." But, those loans will end up being a very large amount and will probably put the student in debt for the rest of their lives.
Basically, DO NOT GO TO ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE because it's definitely not worth it. Go to a JC, get your GE and then go to a real College or University.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Online Courses
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I am a United States Marine on the Temporarily Disabled Retired List residing in Charlotte, NC. I qualified and received a federal student loan to pay for my University of..."
- "I would be VERY interested in a class action lawsuit against AIU online for fraudulent acceptance of student loan monies they took from me and then provided inferior, abusive, and..."
- "Let me break it down for folks in real life. I attended a 2 hours free class from FB at a local hotel. The speaker shared enough information with me..."
- "Lending Club - HORRIBLE Investment Do not believe the bull *** LC posts on its site about 99.8% of investors getting a positive return. It's all a big F'n scam I..."
- "Long story short My car got vandalized so Contacted nationwide and filed a claim, adjuster comes out totaled my car and now they only want to give me $1200 for..."
- "So as someone who has purchased flowers online for years I found this page full of Avas Flowers complaints. The more I read, the more I laughed. How could these..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."