RN PROGRAM IS A JOKE!! SAVE YOUR TIME, EFFORT, ENERGY, AND MONEY and go elsewhere! I have NEVER been in an ALTERNATIVE HIGH SCHOOL but this schools environment is Alternative HIGH SCHOOL GOES TO COLLEGE! If you are looking for a program that will accept ANYONE and pass...
#1019090

Yes i'm currently in their program and have six more months to finish the only reason why I am biting the bullet and going through with the program is because I've came this far this is a unprofessional and in unorganized school do not come to the school this is nothing but a urban alternative high school

View more comments
ID
#194253 Review #194253 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Phoenix, Arizona
Loss

ITT Technical Institute - Itt tech let me pay $40,000 to do nothing in life

I went to itt tech and i pretty much flew right through all the classes and half of them were a complete joke. I was in the multi media program, but from talking to other classmates all of their programs were complete ***. basically they will charge you more money than a university but your degree will help you about as much as a degree from a McDonalds happy meal. I am living proof that going to itt tech has left me with out a job, unemployed for 2 years now, and not one single response for 1000's of resumes sent out. everything i was supposed to learn at itt tech i had to go back and teach my self after i graduated. now me and my wife and children are pretty much screwed and living with her parents...while i hope to god maybe someone at taco bell can help me get a part time job.

I am kind of feeling the same way. I'm paying a *** ton of money and i'm passing all the hard classes but all the *** classes like communication, group theory, and strategies class, it's like they take them more seriously.

None of the labs work and they just give us packets and packets of work and say here is your work and we barely ever open a book that we are paying for. But yet i'm 20,000$ in debt. Something is wrong with these schools I agree I didn't start seeing it til they brought in this teacher (will not call him a professor) he tried to teach us Linux through YouTube. He never answered and questions that we had.

I dropped out I took it over again but yet I have to pay for the classes that I sat it. BULL.... then I had IP networking. I don't blame the instructor, she had surgery she told the Dean where the assignments were and he had her come in after her surgery she was not in any shape to teach and then the next class he had not instructor until 5 mins prior to class.

We had no instructor there for a good amount of time every other class. I stopped going. I fell behind because i'm a hands on and visual learner and if you just hand me paper after paper and say do this. I'm not going to learn squat.

This school is a JOKE... all they want is peoples money yet i'm so far in that its too late to back out.

IT DON"T TRANSFER.... and I have 1 quarter left.

The funny thing is how people blame the schools for not getting them a job. It will help you get a job but in the market as bad as it is today you have to make contacts, join linkin make friends, work at a bar and find contacts who are customers.

I have been out of college for 5 years now and went to a legit 4 year university and still haven't landed a job that I WANT. Anyone who has a degree can land a job, but no one wants to work for 30,000 a year starting out because they think just because they have a degree you have a write to jump right in a company and make big bucks. Sorry it doesn't work that way, you have to work your way up.

Lawyers come out of college with 100,000 dollars in debts they start out as associates and depending on your state probably starting around 40,000 a year if that. Everyone these days get by on that mambo *** about how having a degree and make you big dollars, IN THE LONG RUN yes, but you have to be patient and pay your dues.

I go too ITT Technical Institution, i've only been their one quarter and every class i go too, i come too see that this is just a waste of my time and especially my money. They say that none of my credits will transfer to another college.?

like wtf. i want to get my bachelors degree in criminal justice. im paying $47,000 for a ASSOCIATES Degree which is two years.

thats B.S.! Can i bail out now, before i am in debt for the rest of my life?

I believe that ITT Tech is preying on people who are at a rough spot in their lives and, sorry guys, who are not very intelligent.

It would take about five to ten minutes of investigating online to find, say, this thread, and realize that ITT Tech is a scam. Community colleges and other field-specific certification courses NEVER cost more than 4-year universities (public or private) that offer BA or BS degrees which are OBVIOUSLY worth more in the long run. Knowing only this, and the cost of attending ITT Tech, we can already see that ITT Tech is a racket designed to prey on you.

I'm sorry that you got scammed, but your existence is exactly why ITT Tech exists, and why they do so well. If people would just investigate their future (their education) for a few minutes, no one would go to ITT Tech.

#191675

I just recently started ITT Tech and I was fully aware of all the pros and cons involved with attending but I find it funny that people blame there degree from ITT tech as the reason they put out 1000 resume and never get hired. Maybe there is something regarding your resume that employers don't like or maybe your apply for high paying jobs that you dont qualify for.

I got my A.A.S in C.S.A from ITT Tech in Henderson NV. I was unable to find a decent IT job anywhere.

I then went to LV-PITA and took a 8 week A+ Net+ class that financial aid covered fully ( $ 2889.00 ) that includes the tests.

I now have a decent paying job as a network administrator and owe ITT tech $ 48.000 dollars for a job that would hire me with only my certs. ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE: you cant be turned down for the jobs of tomorrow, until you pay us tuition today.

I would recommend that people think about local community colleges that offer the same programs,and better, for $900 per year. Criminal Justice, for example is a two year program with credits transferable to upper level colleges for further study.

I am a newspaper reporter in Indianapolis who writes about ITT Educational. I'm interested to talk to ITT grads about their subsequent experience landing a job.

I'm interested no matter what your experience was, good or bad.

If anyone would like to talk to me, you can contact me at jwall@***.com. Thanks.

I had graduated from ITT tech, and upon graduating, I got a job paying me 6 figures... I had taken my degree, got a few licenses from the state and now doing exceptionally well for my self.

I understand that many people can talk bad about a school, but it is a school nontheless. I took for granted the first few quarters, but quickly learned that I had needed to get more out of it. I stayed after classes, and made them earn all the money I was giving them.

I wasn't even the valedictorian or salutatorian. I was just a simple joe who took the education and did what I needed from it to be where I am at now.

Why didn't you do research on the institution and see who their accreditation was through? You said half the classes were a complete joke and you still chose to keep going??

You know when your going through school whether you are learning or not. I'm sorry but it's hard to have sympathy.

View more comments (11)
Saginaw, Michigan

ITT Technical Institute - Lisa Burr National Registrar

i RECEIVED A LETTER FRON YOU INFORMING ME I WAS REGUSTERED TO START SCHOOL ON LINE ON 6/14/2010. I HAVE HAD PHONE CALLS TELLING YOU NOT TO REGUSTER ME NOW. I HAVE ALOT OF PROBLEMS TO TAKE CARE OF BEFORE STARTING ANY SCHOOL.I WITHDRAW ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS PROGRAM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. THANK YOU ROBERT LORSONG. i hope you understand i am not interested. At a latter date i will contact ITT institute for updated info. The problems i have now come first i wll resolve my problems before moving on with ITT schooling. Again thank you R.J.Lorsong

Odafen, the next step is to throw it in the trash.

i m odafen aigbomobea endurance from nigeria i had printed the international school form out what is the next step

ALL of the registrars at ITT Tech are a complete joke. Lynn Galaba at Knoxville is the most two-faced, disgusting excuse for a person that I've ever worked with.

I can't tell you how many times I heard that student service was the # 1 priority but saw her deliberately screw up schedules and cause work conflicts. Run far away from this school because it will get you absolutely no return on investment.

#198110

You can reach Lisa Burr personally at 317-706-****!!! I also received email and reg mail from her saying i was enrolled....

I WAS NOT!!!

She is sending me paper work saying i am not enrolled there. You need that as well, without it you may be looking at charges in the amount above and beyond 47000.00 Good Luck

View more comments (3)
Reston, Virginia

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus I must say that I am highly disappointed and horrified on finding so many complaints about ITT Technical Institute. Make no mistake about it, they are not about fulfilling, motivating, and inspiring student's dreams" but they are fulfilling ITT stockholder's gains. Can you imagine spend 40 K on a 2 year school? They charge 600 dollars for a kit by which they purchase for 150.00. The worse of all is that many students end up not getting a job. If you do not believe this , then, wonder why they keep calling students every single day, trying to find their whereabouts. They can tell that it is their job, I say they are full of it. They are trying to maintain the drops. If a specific program loses too many students, then, they will find what is happening and the instructor is to blame. They will hire just about anyone that have a bachelors degree and stay in the classroom for them. The person that really makes the money in any said campus is the director. The director receives a salary , plus profits. Therefore, he is also number driven. If students drops left and right, he or she will loose money. They are number driven. The employees are underpaid and overstressed. The sad of it is that ITT technical institute only pays partime staff a lousy 1500.00 for 3 months per class. If you are a student, ask a partime instructor. Also ask why so many changes on instructors. Do you really believe that all the instructors that left or got into a situation that they make you leave left because of what? Another negative aspect is that if you do not play their game, they will find something to get rid off the instructor. They do not care if you have a family, financial responsibilities, etc. Many students or prospective students are not aware is that ITT Technical Institute is not a regionally accredited institution. If you don't believe this, go do your homework. This is why it is a terminal degree and many schools will not accept your credits from courses taken at ITT. Why do you think that the recruiter will tell everything to convince you to sign the dotted line. Another negative aspect of ITT Technical Institute in Kansas City, MO, is that student drop like flies from all offered programs. Check on how many starts and then check how many end the quarter. More than half leave because they are not satisfied with their initial investment. Ask the dean or the Director, why so many students drop from school. I do not blame the students at all. Some students somehow are admitted but cannot either read or write, much less add or subtract, but does ITT cares? NO WAY. in other words, if I where you, I would stay away from any ITT Technical Institute campus. They have the same operation all they care is your money, period!

Is there anyway to get out of the contract? Even get your money back?

I attend ITT in St. Louis MO.

We have a screw top policy for drinks in class or lab. They have vending machines on site that carry everything from H2o, soda and coffee. They all have screw tops. You can also bring anything (well maybe not EVERYthing), as long as it has a screw top.

I have the same policy at home, after my computer was damaged from spilled coffee. I also have a separate table next to it so that if someone spills, it won't damage my computer.

I hope your campus will adopt the policy, I don't know why they wouldn't. Best of luck.

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus

the problem is that desperate people will sign whatever they are given to get their son or daughter enrolled and apparently accepted at a school. The problem is that ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus like any of the 128 campus, it is the same story: they have an enrollment goal to reach by the 1st week. The Director gets like 20 or 25% profit on enrollment. The dean does not earn more than 50K and after all deductions, he ends up with 45k. the Program Chair earns like an extra 4K to work like a horse and get all the blame on why students are dropping and leaving early. Long hours. In summary: high expectations and low wages.

Folks, ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus is a rip off and there is no much to say about it. It is all a fake theater. There are too many big wheels of a flat tire or better yet: too many chiefs and not enough chiefs.

ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus must be investigated thoroughly!

It is amazing that some of you are a bunch of idiots to sign up at ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus. They do not care for the student, but the number of enrolled students and now they have other means to make sure that instructors produce, or yet, keep all the suckers in the classroom.

I would start filing complaints with the Better business bureau, call the local media, get your state representative involved. Come on now folks... you sign your death certificate by signing the dotted line...

that recruiter promissed you that you would get a real job right? You may want to find out what is their graduate employment rate. Ask the *** *** Dean about if ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus is Regionally accredited? You will see his answer to his question.....

every student at ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus should drop at once while you have a chance!

they are fulfilling your pockets! get a grip!

I am so happy that I didn't choose ITT. Looks like you losers got that shaft! LOL LOL LOL!

@PissedConsumer170193

what school did you end up going to and are you happy with that school?

The very same guy who used to run the Kansas City Vatterott school went to the ITT School in KC. No wonder there are so many similar complaints between those two schools.

People need to learn that these friggen "career" schools are nothing more than cash cows designed to milk the loot for all it is worth. Education means nothing - The snow job is everything. These schools are just a modern day version of snake oil and there never seems to be a shortage of suckers.

Get a clue people. Avoid these trade schools like the plague.

Get a clue people. Avoid these trade schools like the plague.

So why does the Dept of Education not care enough to investigate this scam? How many defaulted federal loans does it take for someone in government to stop giving financial aid to students at this scam of an institution?

thank goodness that I dropped out of ITT Technical Institute - Kansas City, MO Campus. I wasted my time and money.

View more comments (31)
Shawnee, Kansas

ITT Technical Institute - Challenging integrity

As a former employee of ITT Technical Institute (as an enrollment representative and then as a Career Services Specialist), I encourage you to think twice about attending ITT Tech. Please understand that I am not a disgruntled employee. In fact, as an employee they treated me okay. But the bottom line is, my integrity was challenged on a daily basis as I saw students come through who should have never been enrolled in school. The admission requirements are sub-par to say the least...in essence, anyone can be admitted into most programs. And boy, do students pay. At over $425 per quarter credit hour, ITT is praying on the less fortunate (in many cases) and encouraging them to take loans they will never be able to pay. From what I witnessed of the education, it is well below average (aside from a few good instructors). I attended and graduated from two state schools (both of which were much less expensive) and received a much higher quality education. And finally, the most important part that most people do not realize: ITT is a for-profit, proprietary institution (State schools and community colleges are not-for-profit and not publicly traded). It is publicly traded. What this means: Students are paying to keep shareholders happy and to pad the pockets of the executive staff located in Carmel, IN. When I was an admissions representative, I was reviewed by the number of students I enrolled. It didn't matter whether I thought they could cut it or not, they wanted numbers and that was the bottom line. When I was in career services, I was judged by the numbers of 'placed' students. It didn't matter if they had a felony or no competency-they still had to be placed or I didn't keep a job. A natural question you may have: Why did you work there for 2.5 years if you had so many issues with the school? if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have. But now I'm going to try to keep some people from making a decision they will regret. The Bottom Line: Attend a community college or a public, state school. It will save you a great deal of money and the education will be much better. Sarah, Indianapolis

I have never enrolled a student that I did not think could be successful. Maybe you should take a look at how you approached your position. Regardless of the company expectations for enrollment goals, I value my morality above corporate standards. Because I approach my position with this standard, I am one of the top producing recruiters at my campus. You determine your approach to your career and if you lack the strength to stand up for what you believe then you are the only person responsible for the outcome. Unfortunately, there are unsavory individuals who work in recruitment, but they do not last very long. My campus is exceptional in every area of administration and faculty. I believe in what I am doing because I know that I am helping someone change their life. Attitude and truth are the keys to a successful career and I follow those principals daily.

I am sorry that your campus does not possess the high standards that my campus practices. Not all of the locations are going to run in the same ways, but to disuade anyone from reaching their goals is appauling. If each student puts in the work required, they can be a success in their chosen field. We are not employed to do anything FOR the students, but rather guide them toward the tools they need. If they expect people to do everything for them, how will they learn to be self sufficient in their life.

ITT offers students the chance to learn about their chosen field through hard work and guidance. All the staff can do is encourage and guide.

Approach your career with the same convictions you live by and you will know you have done what is right for the people who are asking for your help!

[Complaint comments] Comments [Complaint country] United States [Complaint category] Education

Share with others: Digg it! Del.ici.ous Furl Yahoo My Web

Was the above complaint useful to you?

More ITT Technical Institute complaints

ITT Technical Institute - Avoid!

ITT Technical Institute - Payment

Comments

Sort by: Date | Rating

407 days ago by William [send email] 0 Votes

As an instructor for ITT, I can confirm the money-grabbing and numbers-driven culture . If you don't meet your quota for attendance and grades, it must be your fault. This results in a rating that keeps you from teaching certain classes.

Instructors are reminded and exhorted to call every absent student for every class and remind the budding scholars that they are enrolled in a program. On top of that, we are expected to document every contact in a computer system. We are placed in a position of treating adults like children and nagging them to improve their own lot in life.

Students are mailed reminders that a new term is about to start and that they should plan on attending classes. On top of that, instructors are expected to collect the reminders from students for an ipod raffle! Students that show up literally 3 hours late for class still counts as a valid attendance. Students who sign-in and immediately leave is considered a valid attendance.

Pizza parties for classes that have 100% attendance during a crucial week. Free video games and popcorn in the student lounge. Free donuts and juice to entice students to arrive for finals week.

All this and much more leads to grade inflation and social promotion of students who have neither the ambition nor the smarts to copy the answers from the back of the book to homework problems.

A large portion of the student body are undisciplined, lazy, and unfocused dullards with a huge sense of entitlement. If you are serious about bettering yourself - steer clear of ITT.

389 days ago by Bill Ritenour [send email] 0 Votes

I regretfully admit I am a a graduate of ITT, with a worthless AAS degree in Multimedia. I received a little bit of this and a little bit of that in training in various aspects of multi media, but not enough of any one area to really have a grasp and understanding of the subject. Also, I did not have any portfolio of any substance worthy of showing to prospective employers. Employers usually want five years of work experience plus a Bachelor's degree, and a good portfolio of work. I graduated in 2006, and I am still working in a job that has nothing to do with my so called training. I considered continuing my education to get a Bachelor's degree, but I TT's credits are not transferable anywhere except to another ITT campus. I feel like I have been robbed of my money and time.

384 days ago by Amanda Both [send email] 0 Votes

I also am I graduate of ITT also with the worthless Associates degree in multimedia. I graduated with all the phony honors, though I was actually going to go somewhere with my life. I got a job working as a web design specialist for 2.5 mnths then was laid off. ITT promised me that they would help me get a job for the rest of my life.. huh.. with a very poor education from that school I shouldn't have expected any less then no help at all... Now I can't get a job anywhere in the computer field and I'm working for a self-storage facility. I have stopped making my loan payments because I can't afford it and feel like yes, I have been robbed.

358 days ago by Lil [send email] 0 Votes

I've been interested in furthering my education for some time. I'd always seen the commercials on tv, like a lot of people, for ITT Tech and thought it sounded like a great school. I figured it would be better to get a specialized degree in my area of interest rather than go to a community college, since I thought that a specialized school would be... well, specialized! And they would be better suited to teaching me what I'd need to know.

Just a bit of background about me, I did graduate from high school as an average, rather unexceptional student. Though my parents had promised they would set money aside for me for school, by the time I graduated high school, there just wasn't any money saved for me, so I decided I'd just work instead and if I ever decided to go to school, I could look into it when I felt I was ready.

I sent off for some information and got in touch with a guy named Vince, who was a recruiter for the Seattle ITT Tech and we had a nice chat. I explained that although I would have loved to attend the actual, physical school, I would be unable to as I lived too far away and didn't have access to regular, reliable transportation. So I told him that I would be interested in attending online classes instead. He told me that would be no problem and at the end of our chat, he told me that someone from financial aid would be getting in touch with me the next day. I explained to him that it wasn't the best time and could we do it on Friday, instead, and he said fine - and yet, sure enough, on Thursday, I get a call from someone from financial aid, all eager to fill out my forms!

I was a little miffed by this, but I was done with my work for the day, so I thought I might as well go ahead and get it taken care of, while I had the guy on the phone. He went through a questionnaire with me about my finances and so on and mentioned student loans and when I said that I didn't have any credit and probably wouldn't be able to *GET* a student loan, he said 'oh, don't worry, we can get you one!' and so we continued with the process of filing the FAFSA info and filling out my enrollment form at the site for the September quarter.

We concluded the call and that was about the time I got a sinking feeling. Right around the point where I received a couple of emails from him with attachments that I would need to fill out and send. I did a search and found the postings here and was very dismayed, to say the least. The very next day, I got in contact with Chase loans and had them cancel my student loan application.

Just today, I emailed the financial aid guy:

'I have been doing a great deal of research about ITT since I spoke with you last and I have not been pleased by what I found. In point of fact, I was left feeling very troubled. I have contacted Chase and had them

cancel my application for a student loan and I would like for you to cancel my enrollment for online courses at ITT. I will not be talked into reapplying for the loan, so don't bother calling - you will not be

speaking to me again on the phone. The next email that I expect from you is one notifying me of my enrollment being cancelled.

Agree with you. It is a rip off attending ITT.

They literally promise the world prior signing the contract. Afterward the first quarter, you will notice students very dissatisfied with the classroom environment.

It is true: ITT Technical Institute is NOT regionally accredited. They are undergoing such process.

It takes 3 years to gain regional accreditation.

Yet, they will not disclose this to the students. The students are sucked up to believe that the classes are transferable!

An additional note I forgot to mention in my post: Your credits absolutely will not transfer to another school. ITT is nationally rather than regionally accredited as most schools are.

Regionally accredited schools typically will not accept ITT credits.

This was quite a frustration for many students.

View more comments (4)